- This website, including all of its features and content, is made available by CPM Law Training Limited (company number 09896670) (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “CPM”).
- In purchasing content from this website (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Content”) you enter into a contract with CPM on all of these Terms and Conditions.
- CPM is a training organisation, and provides training on the law in England. The information contained in the Content (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Information”) is of a general nature, and may have been summarised or simplified. It does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied upon in relation to specific facts and circumstances. The Information may include discussion of examples, factual or imaginary, and these are included for the purposes of illustration and explanation only; the discussion of any such example should not be regarded as giving advice in relation to actual circumstances which may bear a similarity to it.
- CPM is not liable for any loss of profits or economic loss that you may suffer as a result of reliance upon the Information.
- Any claims that you may have arising out of the contract between you and CPM may be brought only against CPM and not against its directors or employees, or any presenters engaged by CPM. Any duty of care that, as a matter of law, would be owed to you by CPM’s directors or employees, or any presenters engaged by CPM, is excluded.
- Nothing in these terms seeks to exclude or limit liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury.
- Law changes over time. CPM keeps the Information under review and revises the Content periodically, but is not responsible for alerting you to any changes to law or practice which take place after your purchase of Content.
Intellectual property rights
- CPM retains all intellectual property rights in respect of the Content.
- Any Content purchased by you is for your personal use only, and may not be copied, republished or transmitted for any purpose, whether commercial or otherwise.
- CPM collects the information (except for financial information) that you provide through purchasing and accessing Content from this website (referred to in these Terms and Conditions as “Your Data”).
- Your Data may be used for the following purposes:
a) To provide you with Content that you have purchased from this website
b) To provide you with information, products or services which CPM believes you might be interested in, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
c) For data analysis, developing new products, improving this website, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of activities promoting this website
d) To prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other malicious activity
e) To comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the terms of the contract between you and CPM
- If CPM sells or buys any business or assets Your Data may be disclosed to the buyer or seller. If CPM or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, Your Data will be one of the assets transferred.
- Save as provided for above CPM will not pass Your Data on to anyone else unless permitted to do so by you or required by law.
- You can manage available communications preferences by using the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ means provided within the communications that you receive. CPM reserves the right to notify you of changes or updates to this website.
- You may request access to Your Data. You may also request to review and correct any of it.
- Your Data may be transferred to other countries for processing, which may have different personal data protection rules than those which apply in England. Where CPM transfers Your Data outside the European Economic Area, all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure it is treated securely and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although CPM will do its best to protect Your Data, it is transmitted at your own risk and CPM cannot guarantee its security. CPM will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- The contract between you and CPM is governed by the law of England.
- If any provision in these Terms and Conditions is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the legality, validity and enforceability of the remainder of them will be unaffected.